Terms of Service (obsolete)
This is an earlier, obsolete version of Storium’s Terms of Service, originally published on 2/8/2015. It no longer applies and is provided here only for historical reference. Storium’s current, active Terms of Service are found here.
By using the Storium website (“Storium”), a service of Protagonist Labs, Inc. ("Protagonist"), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You may not abuse, harass, threaten, invade the privacy of, or intimidate other Storium members or Protagonist employees.
- You may not use Storium for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, user names, graphics, art, photos, profiles, links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on Storium.
- You may not modify, adapt or hack Storium or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Storium.
- You may not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You may not violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including copyright laws).
- Violation of any of these terms will result in the termination of your Storium account. While Protagonist prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Protagonist cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site. You understand that you might be exposed to such materials on Storium and that you use Storium at your own risk.
- By using the Storium service after the effective date of these Terms of Service, you agree to their retroactive application as to all prior use of the Storium service.
- Protagonist reserves the right to modify or terminate Storium for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Protagonist reserves the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time. If we modify these Terms of Service, we will post the modification on the site, provide you with conspicuous notice of the modification, and update the “Effective Date” at the top of this page.
- Protagonist reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You own all of the original content that you post on Storium. Protagonist makes no claim of ownership to any content you post on Storium.
- You grant Protagonist a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, store, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, and translate any content you post on Storium subject to the following limitations. We may only use such content on Storium or for the purpose of operating Storium. We may only use reasonable excerpts of such content in other media for the purpose of marketing Storium. We may not use such content for any commercial purpose other than the operation of Storium. Our license to display your content on the Storium site terminates when it is deleted in accordance with Storium’s current deletion policies.
- As part of the service, you may “hand off” your role as a narrator or character to another user. If you do so, you grant each subsequent user you hand-off the role to a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use on Storium all content you created in that role. This license includes the right to delete, modify, and add to such content.
- Protagonist may, but has no obligation to, remove content that we determine in our sole discretion is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, invades the privacy of others, or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Protagonist reserves the right, at any time, to impose or restructure any fees charged for your use of Storium. We will notify you in advance of any changes with respect to fees we choose to impose.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Protagonist, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through Storium, your use of Storium, your violation of the Terms of Service or any applicable law, or your violation of any rights of another.